APPS LIVING is committed to protecting your privacy.
Who Are We
APPS LIVING (APPS LIVING LIMITED) is a property and student management company, specialising in student accommodation in the Coventry area.
What we mean by Personal Data
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) personal data is defined as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
This simply means any personal data about you that can or has the capability of identifying you as an individual.
How we collect personal data from you
You will provide APPS LIVING with your personal data in order to secure, process and preserve your accommodation with us. This includes, but not limited to, any stages from the initial enquiry, completing a booking, making payment, entering into a contract, purchasing a service, changing your details, registering on our website/mobile app, participating in events and leaving feedback.
You may also provide us with your personal data when communicating with us (for example, if you contact us).
We may collect personal data about you from you directly, via our website, our app or through a third party (for example, third party agents).
How we use your personal data
We are required under the GDPR to have a lawful basis for using any personal data. This could be for the reason that the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have giving consent for us to use your personal data, or because there is a legitimate business reason to use it.
We will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to process your application for accommodation;
- to administer and manage your licence agreement;
- to communicate with you and respond to your requests;
- to supply, personalise and tailor any additional services to you;
- to process payments;
- to recover any unpaid sums due to us;
- to prevent and detect criminal activity, fraud and misuse of or damage to our
- where we have your consent to do so, to contact you about other products
and services that we think may be of interest to you;
How long do we keep your personal data
The period for which we keep your personal data will vary according to the purpose for which we use the data. We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
Any personal data which APPS LIVING has collected in relation to contracts, license agreement payments, charges and any other information relating to a booking of a stay at any accommodation managed by APPS LIVING or service provided by APPS LIVING will be retained for a period of five years from the date of your final departure.
Disclosing your personal data to third parties
We may share your personal information with third parties in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you. By way of example,
- where we have a legal or regulatory obligation to do so – this includes sharing your personal data with local councils for the provision of electoral roll or council tax purposes;
- where we use third party suppliers to provide services to us (for example, IT providers) and they need access to your personal information in order to deliver that service;
- where it is necessary to do so to protect or defend our legal rights or the legal rights of others;
- if you are an occupant and you fail to pay your rent we may contact the guarantor and inform them of this failure when exercising our rights under the guarantee;
- if we sell our business or a property we will transfer information relating to occupants and guarantors to the new owner;
- if you have agreed that we may do so, we will share your personal data with identified third parties so that they can contact you with details of their products and services.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
How we protect your personal data
We have implemented and maintained appropriate policies and procedures designed to reduce the risk of accidental destruction or loss, or the unauthorised disclosure or access to such information appropriate to the nature or the information concerned. Measures we take include placing confidentiality requirements on our staff members and service providers, destroying or permanently anonymising personal information if it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected.
Your rights in relation to your personal data
You may request access to your personal data.
If you would like to know what personal data we have about you, you can make a subject access request for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held).
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal address in the Contact Details section.
We will respond to your subject access request within one month of receiving it. In normal circumstances, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. However, in some cases, particularly where the request is more complex, more time may be needed. This could be up to a maximum of three months from the date when we received your request. We will always keep you fully informed of our progress.
There is normally no charge for a subject access request however, if your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
Any changes will be made available on the APPS LIVING website (www.apps-living.co.uk).
Address: APPS LIVING HQ, SHUNDE PLACE
28-34 Corporation Street
Tel: +44 (0) 2476 221228